Pages

Monday, February 11, 2019

Book Review: From Straight-laced to Cross-dressed by Douglas Baign


Inside the Book:

 
Title: From Straight-laced to Cross-dressed
Author: Douglas Baign
Publisher: Virtualbookworm.com
Genre: Biographies/Memoirs
Format: Ecopy /Paperback

From Straight-laced to Cross-dressed tells the story of a disturbed adult in therapy seeking to understand and prevent his desire to commit suicide. Douglas starts by knowing that it has something to do with sex but soon discovers that he can't talk about his sexuality without first discussing his religious beliefs and drift away from strict Christian Fundamentalism.The overlapping issues dredge up a confused morass of anger and love, abuse and sex.

  PURCHASE HERE

BOOK REVIEW:

I was extremely interested in the premise of this book so when it was offered to me for review I jumped at the chance. I thought I had an idea of what this book was about, but the way the author wrote really touched me. At times hard to read, it was a very well written book that I think most people will find hard to put down. 

Having grown up in a Catholic household, I am thankful that my family was pretty open minded about things. With that said, I don't practice any of the Christian beliefs and you will see more of how they can have an impact on your thought process after reading about what the author went through. 

I would love to know, if you have read the book, what your thoughts are. Very well done!

MEET THE AUTHOR

Coming from a long line of teachers, Douglas Baign has a Masters degree in Education but spent his career testing and documenting low-level software. He likes looking at anything basic then challenging assumptions. Doug also has a BS in Cognitive Psychology and a deep and abiding interest in History and Physics.

Douglas' super-power is breaking things, especially computer code, but he prefers to create books, poetry and music. He also enjoys travel and photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment